Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Managed Switch

tariqalqadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

I have two cisco Switches Connected through IPvpn Datalink in two sites, the problem that the two switches are in default configuration

All interface trunk Untagged.

but not all the hosts can reach each other through the data link, for example when i connect new pc to main site switch and give it cant reach the other site just one or two pc's can reach the  other site, any new pc with same config cannot reach the host through the data link,

all interfaces on both switches are in trunk untagged mode.

any suggestion please ?? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's kind of hard to diagnose with no information.  Like talking to the mechanic, that your car's making a noise.  But you can't see it because the car is at home...   B-(

How do the clients get IP addresses?  Is it the same IP range at both ends, and it mimics a L2 connection?  Can you provide the IP addresses (including mask and gateway) for clients at both ends?

View solution in original post

Do you have control over the router?  We don't know what the "IPVPN datalink" is; but the fact that both run the same configuration can be problematic.  If a PC at site A happens to get 192.168.1.100 AND a PC at site B also happens to get 192.168.1.100, then they will not be able to get at resources at the remote site. 

If you could split the range, i.e. A gets .100 thru .160 and B gets .161 thru .240 then THAT issue would go away.  This is assuming the IPVPN datalink somehow is bridging the 2 sites.

Information on the IPVPN datalink would be useful.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

tariqalqadi
Level 1
Level 1

any one help please ?

It's kind of hard to diagnose with no information.  Like talking to the mechanic, that your car's making a noise.  But you can't see it because the car is at home...   B-(

How do the clients get IP addresses?  Is it the same IP range at both ends, and it mimics a L2 connection?  Can you provide the IP addresses (including mask and gateway) for clients at both ends?

hi

i already mentioned that its default configuration means no addition config.. just the default and i provided also the interfaces status... 

clients get ip through DHCP server ..and yes same ip range on both sites gateway is the router on Site A which its 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0.

DHCP server .32

clients starts from .100-.240

Do you have control over the router?  We don't know what the "IPVPN datalink" is; but the fact that both run the same configuration can be problematic.  If a PC at site A happens to get 192.168.1.100 AND a PC at site B also happens to get 192.168.1.100, then they will not be able to get at resources at the remote site. 

If you could split the range, i.e. A gets .100 thru .160 and B gets .161 thru .240 then THAT issue would go away.  This is assuming the IPVPN datalink somehow is bridging the 2 sites.

Information on the IPVPN datalink would be useful.

ok first of all no duplication on both sides..because site B get the ip settings from DHCP server from SITE A..this is not the problem..

about IP VPN its layer two VPN ( XConnect ) which means Site B is connected to Site A through Data link Layer two vpn no routing its like wire between both sides..

the problem is no more than two or 3 hosts can reach site B , if i connect my laptop to switch Site A and get the IP settings i cant reach site b .

the configuration of switches is default all trunks untagged on default vlan .. do i have to change these settings from both sides.

By the sounds of it, you only USE one VLAN anyway, so you probably shouldn't be defining any of your ports as a trunk - just all access ports in the default client vlan.  The fact that some work and most don't though is puzzling.

hi yes its something weird,

if some works i don't think its the trunk thing :)

yes its puzzling.

i will try the static untagged config hope it works ?

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Can you provide the config on both switches?

Can you see the MAC addresses in the MAC address Table?

hi,

i cant provide you with the config because i am away of the site but i know all the configs,

in site A SG300 config is the Same as Site B SG300 all interfaces are in trunk Mode Untagged

Site A and Site B are connected through Data Link from the ISP With no Routers Just ISP modems ,

In Site A There SG 300 has no problems internally all hots are connected to the servers and each other, but from Site A to B limited connection means no all hosts can reach Site B just two or three Hosts and one server  which its so weird scenario.

ISP sugessted to have routers on both sides if data link which i dont  want i want site B to work As its a part of Site b (through the data link)

this is the full scenario (correct me if i have missing part)

Site B is cameras and some hosts want to connect to application server in  Site A through the data link.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card