cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300-to-SG300 Not Passing Tagged Traffic on Trunk Port

jsbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I am adding an SG300 to replace an aging 2950x and am having an issue getting tagged VLAN traffic to pass from the SG300(1) to the secondary SG300(2). I have configured port ge51 on both SG300s in trunk mode and allow tag multiple vlans. I also have configured port ge52 on the SG300(1), and port fe2/0/6 on the 2950 in the same way.  SG300(1) and the 2950 have been happily passing traffic for months. However, even after a factory reset and reconfig on SG300(2) the only passed traffic is the default vlan. The SG300(2) is new and running firmware 1.0.4.88. This should be simple stuff, but I am at a loss.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 10.17.51 AM.png

8 Replies 8

Hello,

try and configure the trunk ports as 'General':

VLAN Management > Interface Settings > Interface VLAN Mode > General

and/or explicitly specify the native VLAN:

switchport trunk native vlan 1

George, thanks. I had tried both of those previously, but did again just to make sure. Still no joy.

Hello,

stupid question maybe, but do the VLANs you are trying to  trunk actually exist on both SG300 switches ?

Not stupid at all, but yes they do. I am stumped.

Hello,

just another thought: can you check if you have VTP enabled on the 2950 and the other SG300 by any chance ?

I can't check the 2950 without going on-site.  I will check and get back to you.  Thanks for the continued help.

I have the same problem. Have you resolved it?

Hello,

I assume you have tried all the options discussed in this thread ?

Either way, I would do a factory default reset on both switches. The default interface status of all ports is trunk. See if that resolves the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card