cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg300

scout7773
Level 1
Level 1

Was hoping someone could help me out in this issue that's been plaguing me for some time on my home network.

I'm currently using as my router a Cisco RV325 and for my switch, an SG300. Seems like inter-VLAN routing is working fine from within the switch, except for VLAN 1. All hosts on VLAN 1 (including the router) are unable to see other hosts on any other VLAN. Yet they're able to reach one other on that same VLAN.

The way I have my network configured is that I have my router setup solely as a gateway and it is attached to port 1 on my switch. I've included various screenshots of other configuration settings you may check out.

I probably left out some crucial details out (networking is not my strongest point; that's why I settled for the Small Business gear), but let me know and I'll promptly include whatever you need to possibly help me out.

Thanks in advanced!

6 Replies 6

mattjones03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it only the router that sits on VLAN 1? (192.168.1.1)

The router and the switch are both on VLAN 1. The router has an IP of 192.168.1.1/24 and the switch 192.168.1.2/24. Thanks.

Scout,

It's been a while since I troubleshot the GUI like this.  However, it appears that under the IPV4 Interface window you have for VLAN1 an IP address of 192.168.1.2, or the address of the switch, where on the other vlans you have the default gateway listed.  Shouldn't that conform and have 192.168.1.1?

Hey Markmi3, thank you so much for assisting me with this, but seems like I found the solution. It turned out that, within the Advanced Routing section of the Router, I needed to configure the Static Routing Table. I setup the IP of the VLAN gateway as the destination IP, the SUBNET Mask, and the IP of the switch as the default Gateway (with a Hop Count/Metric of 1). Also to note, I've decided to move from a 10.x.x.x/16 network over to a 192.168.1.x/24 network for simplicity.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad you got it worked out!  And thanks for posting your solution so that someone else with this same problem can find a possible solution.

Have a great week and a happy New Year!

Hey Scout7773, I have the same issue as you had and stragely I have RV325 and SG300 as well. In my way I had Vlan 10 192.168.1.1 and vlan 20 192.168.99.1. I could ping from vlan 20 to vlan 10 but not from 10 to 20. My question is, the solution is that I have to configure the static routing table on the router?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card