Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 Management Access-class

Hi Guys,

I enable access management-list and access management class in sg350. Now i'm seeing this logs in my ssh session, my question is would this logs consume too much resources of my switches ?  is this command safe to apply in busy switches?

and how would i disable the logs without actually removing it.

management access-list TEST_MGMT
permit ip-source x.x.x.x mask /32 
management access-class TEST_MGMT

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Creating log entries on your switch will not consume the resources of the switch. The only exception to this is you have set the log level to debug, under this condition you could render the switch unreachable....although it will still function at the dataplane.

If you don't want to see the ACL messages you need to tune the log level. Looking at the messages attached, normal the LOG reference would contain a number denoting the log level the message is created at. You messages do not, but do have the letter W, which suggest the Warning level.

I suggest you set the logging level to 3 (Errors)m or below.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Creating log entries on your switch will not consume the resources of the switch. The only exception to this is you have set the log level to debug, under this condition you could render the switch unreachable....although it will still function at the dataplane.

If you don't want to see the ACL messages you need to tune the log level. Looking at the messages attached, normal the LOG reference would contain a number denoting the log level the message is created at. You messages do not, but do have the letter W, which suggest the Warning level.

I suggest you set the logging level to 3 (Errors)m or below.

cheers,

Seb.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card