Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350x Stack / Smartport problems

Dominik.S
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have 2 Cisco SG350x switches stacked. Firmware is v2.5.7.85.
AutoSmartport and Auto Voice VLAN is enabled.

Connecting a ip phone/desktop to the switch on unit 1 everything working. The switch detects the phone on
that port and changing Vlan Mode to Trunk with native vlan10 / tagged vlan3. (Smartport Detection Iphone+Desktop).
Desktop, which is connected on the second interface from ip phone and the ip phone getting an ip from dhcp server.

On unit2 the ports are also configured correctly, but I don't get a dhcp lease for desktop or ip phone. Manually setting ip address, both devices can't connect to any network.

Looking at the config with ssh, I can't see any diffrence on the ports on unit1 and unit2.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Dominik

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if stack configures it should work as expected. i would advise to re-visit stack config:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/smb5408-configure-stack-settings-on-an-sg350x-switch.html

Step 9. Repeat Steps 1 to 8 to configure the Member units.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

Can you post the configuration of both switches into a file and attach to this post

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

thanks for the answer. I attached the conf file.

kind regards

Dominik

Hello Paul,

did you have time to look at the configuration file ?

kind regards

Dominik

as per the configuration attached, i do not see any configuraiton on the ports belong to switch 2 ?

Copy any of the exiting switch1 working config to below port - connect the device and test it.

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2
 no macro auto persistent 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card