Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE 2000 TFTP-C-OPEN: No free UDP port

mj.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have several SGE2000 in production and every night I save the current configuration to a tftf server... from time to time I get the following error:

20-Oct-2010 11:29:00 %TFTP-C-OPEN: No free UDP port

20-Oct-2010 11:29:00 %COPY-W-TRAP: The copy operation has failed

Copy: Can't open TFTP client

At this time, the only way to be able to save the config again is rebooting the switch, but this is not a solution I am comfort.... Someone knows why this is happening and how to solve it without rebotting the switch?.

Thanks a lot in advance

Fernando

5 Replies 5

wysuradio
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this exact same issue. Apparently, Cisco switches are not the only devices that experience this bug:

In at least one of these cases, a firmware upgrade was released to solve this issue, though it's impossible to tell if these are related or not. At any rate, this issue requires attention. Is there a way to contact Cisco and report a bug?

Hi both, I have run in to similar issues even trying to upload firmware. One thing you may want to do is see what devices are listening on the ports.

One particular time, for some reason a customer's HP printer was using TFTP resources and made it impossible for the switch load configuration.

I would recommend to see what services are being used and by what.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I don't understand what you mean when you say "what devices are listening on the ports."

Do you mean listening on the ports of my TFTP server? The switch ports on my switch?

As an example, lets say you do netstat -a on your computer. There are services that associate to ports. These services could be using your TFTP resources. So, you should find out what devices or services are using these ports.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I don't have any other services using ports on my TFTP server. In fact, I only start up the TFTP server just before I do the copy operation. Further, I have another TFTP operation on a different switch that succeeds immediately after this one fails.

I'm confident the problem is not on my TFTP server (or the machine hosting the server) as no other devices have problems accessing it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card