Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000 Management IP

king.c.david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've recently inhierited a network which relies on a couple of SGE2000 network which has multiple vlans configured, unfortunatley i am unable to get to the management ip of the device to look at the config. I have put in a serial cable it see that the management IP is 192.168.1.254 on vlan 1, but when i plug a device into the swithc and give it a IP on that range (both untagged and vlan 1 tagged) it is unable to access the MGMT IP.

anyone got any advice on where i have gone wrong??

Thanks

dave

52 Replies 52

Can you really scroll through all windows  and sub windows from this menu and see if we can get some clues.

If we can't then I really don't see the use of this console config option because it doesn't help us solve problem of

reachability.

Regards.

alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

the console is only to setup up the unit it is designed to have all the config done via the web.

If you have access to your DHCP server you could enable the DHCP client on the switch so it gets it's IP from your server. Then you should be able to see what address it has and then use the IP to get onto the web interface.

Thanks

Hi,

the console is only to setup up the unit it is designed to have all the config done via the web.

then in my opinion  it is useless because all the user guides I saw up to now configure the box from a web gui( as by default the ip address is 192.168.1.254.) from the ground up.

Regards.

Ok i've managed to get this sorted now

I found one of the vlans that was on the box (254) so I changed the MGMT port to that vlan then I had to tag the NIC from the host server with this vlan as well and finally I got to the web admin page!

What a nightmare, thanks so much for your help with this, sorry it was a pain!

Thanks

Dave

n.b. I've just found something that would have made this soooooo much easier

if you are on the console (serial/telnet or ssh) you can press Ctrl + Z then type lcli and you get a normal CLI, which give you access to the entire config, like a normal switch

Ok solved!

I found one of the vlans that was on the box (254) so I changed the MGMT port to that vlan then I had to tag the NIC from the host server with this vlan as well and finally I got to the web admin page!

What a nightmare, thanks so much for your help with this, sorry it was a pain!

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Wow strange setup but anyway you solved your problem and I'm happy for you.

How did you find this vlan?

Regards.

Alain.

Thanks!

Found it through iteration, it wasn't fun!

Dave

Just an update in case this helps anyone in future, if you are on the console (serial/telnet or ssh) you can press Ctrl + Z then type lcli and you get a normal CLI, which give you access to the entire config, like a normal switch

Thanks

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card