Views
Helpful
Replies

Shaping issues

Darren Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m having some difficulty getting traffic shaping to work. I’m trying to setup a basic traffic shaping policy to limit the download speed from the internet, I am using a broadband speed test to check if the policy is working. I am able to get this to work using policing, I can clearly see that the broadband download speed if affected by the policy however it seems that my traffic shaping policy has no effect.

I am applying the policy to the vlan interface outbound.

The policies are below

Policy Map speedlimiter (shaping)

Class SLOW_PC

Class class-default

Average Rate Traffic Shaping

cir 1%

Policy Map POLICE

Class SLOW_PC

police cir 1048500 bc 32765

conform-action transmit

exceed-action drop

slow PC is a class-map which matches a single IP address

any help is appreciated, thanks

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Some Cisco switches to not support CBWFQ shaping (although you might be able to configure it).

What device are you trying this on?

Cisco 887va router, it seems odd to allow you to configure this? might this be the same with NBAR? as I can configure the service but our management software reports that it is not supported on the router?

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I haven't worked on the particular model, but other 800 series appear to support almost all applicable IOS features, for their IOS version, for the "WAN" port.

I.e. it might work correctly there, but not on the SVI.

Hi thanks for the response,

I've attached this policy to the dialer interface and atm interface but it still has no effect?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: