Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharping on 3750 switch

divine007
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have client whom i need to sharp his bandwidth at the level of an interface of my cisco 3750 switch.

Lately i tried to sharp it on my cisco 2960 switch with the srr interface command but it did not work.

I wish to know if there is another command that i can use on my Cisco 3750 switch to do this

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

You're tried both "srr-queue bandwidth shape" and "srr-queue bandwidth limit"?

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shaping as used on a router is not supported on the 3750. You can't use policing either because that is only supported on ingress.

What you need to do is to use srr shaping as you tried on your 2960. There is no other way to do it unfortunately. You need to allocate the traffic you want to shape into one of the queues on the egress port and then apply a shaped weight to that queue -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

Jon

@Joseph,

yes i  tried both srr-queue bandwidth shape" and "srr-queue bandwidth limit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: