Views
Helpful
Replies

show isis database displaying net-address instead of hostname

davicho182
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have several routers in a SP network. One of them which is working as a PE Router is a 7609, we use ISIS as our IGP protocol, I would like to know if anyone could give me a hint of why would i see net-address instead of hostnames when doing a show isis database. Normally we always see the hostnames no configuration regarding to isis have been made. In other routers of the network the isis database output seems fine. I'm thinking that if i do a clear isis * in the affected router the isis database is gonna normalize but i would like to know the root cause before doing that workaround.

Regards,

David

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Are the hostnames absolutely missing, i.e. is there absolutely no hostname indicated in any of the show isis database lines? Does the show isis hostname show the recognized hostnames along NETs?

Perhaps you could post a part of your show isis database detail output to allow us to investigate its contents more closely.

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card