cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Shell Functions command is missing from Catalyst IOS 15.0(2)SE5

Chris Fink
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on getting Auto Smartports working. In the documentation it references the show shell functions command but this appears to be missing in IOS 15.0(2)SE5. I have tried a a couple of different models and it seems to be common on this version. Is there something needed in order to make it appear, or is this missing from this IOS?

2 Replies 2

kkelly
Level 1
Level 1
I had the same problem when I tried it a year ago. The way to get to the "Shell" was hidden. I'm trying to go over my notes from them to see if I can find a transaction log my my work. Trying smart ports again this time with 15.2(1)E3 and hit the same "no shell" problem I' trying to get an answer if macros / smart ports are supported in 15.2 I can find to 15.2 specific documentation

Chris Fink
Level 1
Level 1

To answer my own question, I found the command to enable the shell. Shell processing full should enable the shell and allow the execution of show shell triggers, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: