Helpful
Replies

Site to site vpn

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have 2 routers connected like below

---------lo0(1.1.1.1)----R1(10.0.0.1)----------------------------------------(10.0.0.2)R2--------------lo0(2.2.2.2)

I have configured site to site vpn with following access-list

access-list 111 permit ip any any

Now i have run eigrp on both routers. The problem is, eigrp is successfully making adjacencies and exchanging routes. What i remember is, ipsec doesnt support multicast so how come eigrp is up and running.

All my config is normal site to site vpn, i only changed access-list 111 to permit ip any any to see if eigrp breaks or not, but its working fine !!!

kindly guide me

5 Replies 5

graham smart
Level 1
Level 1

Its a GRE Based VPN on the routers yea?

GRE supports Multicast..

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Live chat software for websites. Increase sales.

-Graham
Please note: My comments are simply suggestions. I cannot be held liable for any loss of data, life or marbles due to following my instructions.

Got a website? Need some live chat software?

no sir, there is no gre anywhere. Its a simple p2p ethernet circuit

some one pls guide me. I thought if i run routing protocols over Site to site vpn without using gre tunnels, they wont work, thats why we need to use GRE. But in this case, they are working fine !!! why is this so ???

Anyone pls ?

You have not given us much to work with. If you will provide additional details we might be able to provide better answers. As a starting point it would be good if you would post the configuration of both routers. It might also be helpful to see the output of show ip eigrp neighbor and the output of show crypto ipsec sa.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card