Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SLM2048 - Password problems with special chars

Hi all,

We´ve got a SLM2048 in use (most current FW) and today I wanted to apply our new password standards onto that switch. So I changed the password of the user admin and used special chars, which were =&!= and clicked update and save changes. I now know, that I should have been using only alphanumerical characters, but why is there no routine that checks the PW for conformance, before writing it onto the switch.

Problem now is, that I am unable to login and don´t want to do a hard reset, because the configuration would be lost. I know there should have been a rescue admin user, but there is none. What can I do now? Any chance that a cisco engineer could get in contact with me to debug the entered password in the lab and who could then tell me what was saved to ROM or how I can login again?

Thanks,

Philip

2 Replies 2

streaves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phillip -- The SLM2048 is a Cisco Small Business product with a dedicated Support  Community here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport/switches. As this forum is not monitored by Small Business product experts, would you be kind enough to copy and paste your post?

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

Thanks for your hint Stephanie, I posted my question in the Cisco Small Business Support Community and I hope that problem can be solved without a reset .

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: