cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow browsing even though having a good Internet download speed

chanchal_mp
Level 1
Level 1

All my browsers wait for the web page to get loaded ( waiting for xxxxxxxx.com),even though I have a good internet speed in downloading.Especially when a web address is typed in new tab its just waits too long to get the page to be loaded.
my network is connected to  ISP thru  their node(cisco 2750),from node its connected to cisco 4500 switch,from there to three firewalls (cisco ASA series  ).
Have 16 public IP address ,and in my cisco 4500 a default route is been set to the ISP node

vlan 10

ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.240

vlan 100

ip address 1x.1x.1x.6 255.255.255.252

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1x.1x.1x.5 (Isp node private ip)

kindly respond and help,what configuration have to be done to resolve the slow browsing

4 Replies 4

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chanchal,

Is this a new setup? or was this working fine before?

Were there any changes been made on the device if it was working fine before?

check the CPU , STP and link utilization  issues on the switch?

Eliminate the switch , connect the laptop to router and check the speed?

Regards

Inayath.

Hi Inayath,

Often I faced this problem,In my setup there is no router to connect to the ISP,My ISP provided a 2950 cisco switch as a node,Core 4500 is connected to the node switch thru fiber .From the Core thru port 2/1,.2/2 and 2/3 is connected to three ASA firewalls.and a deafult route is configured with the destination ip in the node switch

2/4 is connected to node ,all other ports are connected to local LAN's.

Hi Chanchal,

there can be a number of reasons for slow browsing. i think i have some idea about your setup but the information is very limited. You can try to bypass the ASA for a test client and check if that makes a difference.

Or go through this link to check if the ASA is the cause:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080b8e100.shtml

A lot of times slow speed is because of slow name resolution. To verify that, you can check this article about DNS server to speed up page load.

It would be best if you share your findings after going through the ASA troubleshooting link above and we can take it from there.

Tanveer

I was curious to see if there were any updates to this issue.

I am wondering if further testing was done. What makes you think you have "good" bandwidth speed?

As Tanveer stated, I would eliminate the ASA's and see if speed increases. I'm suspecting a DNS issue myself. Seems like DNS is taking a long time to resolve the name to IP to load the page.

Have you checked speed and duplex settings on each device?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card