cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SM-ES3G-16-P baud rate issue 57600 not compatible router c2951

contractor369
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c2951 router with a SM-ES3G-16-P service module installed. The SM-ES3G-16-P lost the IOS during an upgrade. I attempted to perform an xmodem with Tera Term, during the procedure I set the BAUD rate of the SM-ES3G-16-P to 57600 as is typical for modem ios on a swich. At which time everything changed to the typical hieroglyphs. I then went into the router and change the line console 0 speed to 57600, and reset my Tera Term settings to match, and attempted renegotiating the Service Module Session and was unsuccessful. Upon further troubleshooting I determined the connection used Line TTY 67, and attempted to change the speed to match, at which time I was notified with an error stating that the only speeds allowed are 9600 and 115200. Is there a fix for this or has anyone else ran into this issue or similar to it with any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

alienkidmj12
Level 1
Level 1

did you find solution to this ?

Does anyone know how to recover from a baud rate set to 57600 when the 2951 does not support this rate?  I noticed jumpers on the switch module itsself so will these reset the switch to default?  Someone crashed the IOS and then the baud rate got changed which the router will not support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: