Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SM-ES3G-16-P

hi Friends,

so i have install the Cisco Enhanced EtherSwitch Service Modules SM-ES3G-16-P into Cisco 2921 Router.

it look like it's not sharing the same routing table kind like VRF .. so i can't reach devices connected to the EtherSwitch from the Host Router (2921) ?

is this the normal behavior ? can i change it to make it part of the router ? 

thanks

4 Replies 4

so i just found this:
"The Cisco enhanced EtherSwitch service modules provide Cisco 2900 series routers and Cisco 3900
series routers the ability to use Cisco enhanced EtherSwitch service modules as independent Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches when running Cisco IOS."

so what i need is to put the devices connected to the Cisco 2921 Router and the EtherSwitch on the same Subnet ? is it possible ? 

or should put them in different Subnet and enable routing between them and treats like another switch or router ?

please help guys :)

thanks

it turn to be very easy 

just connected them through vlan 1 putting all the interfaces to vlan 1 also on one of the routers i had to create bridge-group between vlan 1 and interface gi0/0.1 

best of luck

Can you provide more detail on your solution here? I'm wondering if I can route for the Vlan on the switch module via an SVI on another Core Switch connected via one of the Gig ports on the router. In other words, configure the Gig interface as a trunk to connect the switch module to another switch downstream. 

Appreciate any insight/help

HI TIMOTHY SCHWIMER,

i don't have access to that switch and i don't remember exactly what i did at the end, but here is what i think you should do to get the result you want:

configure one of your SwitchEthernet card interfaces on your router to be layer 2 ports (that mean using the "switchport" command in the sub-interface:

interface Gi0/0

switchport

make sure that this interface is part of the same vlan you are using on the switcchethernet card (ex VLAN 1)

traffic will be pass between the router and Etherswitch card but keep in mind that the etherswitch card have his own routing table!

Hope that help you 

Best of Luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card