cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartports Macros

jonhill
Level 1
Level 1

I'm quite new to Cisco CatOS and have found the Smarports macros very useful but I would like some guidance on what other users would recommend commands to use for a Basic Desktop and Server Macros.

I know all networks are different but if someone could give me some ideas it would be much appreciated and it would save me loads of time as I've got 20+ 2950's to install over the next month or so.

Thanks in advance

Jon

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

When you apply a Smartports macro on an interface, the CLI commands within the macro are configured on the interface. When the macro is applied to an interface, the existing interface configurations are not lost. The new commands are added to the interface and are saved in the running configuration file. Could you please refer the below link for more information on Macros.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008021272f.html

I have already printed out this document and used it, my query is does anyone have a basic server macro already created that they could hare and also similar for a desktop macro.

As I said previously I'm new to Cisco IOS and do not know all the commands as yet and would like some help with basic server and desktop macros.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: