cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP traps on ports

John Stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few 65xx and having some issues with getting "snmp traps mac-note change add/remove:on the ports

On my switch running IOS v12.2(33) SXH1 / ROM V12.2(17r) SX 3 i can enter the added/removed command on a range of ports no issues.

On my swithces running IOS V12.2 (18) SXF10 / ROM V12.2(17r) SX 3 i am unable, only commands is Link-Status when i enter ?

I am guessing this is due to the ISO version being different on the switches, is there a way to enable traps on the ports (snmp traps mac-note change added/remove) like on the other switch without having to upgrade the IOS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately upgrading the IOS is the only option.

BTW, the versions of IOS you are running on these devices are at least 6 to 7 years old.

So upgrading to a newer version is probably a good idea.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This command was introduced in 12.2(33)SXH. So it is not support in SXF.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/lanswitch/command/reference/lsw_book/lsw_m1.html#wp1142567

HTH

Thanks for the conformation. Is there anyway to configure it on this version or is and upgrade of the ios the only option?

Unfortunately upgrading the IOS is the only option.

BTW, the versions of IOS you are running on these devices are at least 6 to 7 years old.

So upgrading to a newer version is probably a good idea.

HTH

Thanks for the info, guess i will move forward with update of the IOS.  Its been a while since i have done an IOS upgrade, on the cisco site would i grab the Cat 6500 Supervisor Engine 32?  It looks like the latest ISO here is from 30 may 2008. 

Remember to backup your current config before upgrading.

Good Luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card