Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP V3 configuration on ISR4321 for Entuity NMS

santoshdpawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Techs,

Could you please help with the SNMP V3 configuration on ISR4321 for Entuity NMS tool. The ISR is discoverable via SNMP V1 or V2c. I have below commands on the router and the device is getting certified but there are no interfaces or data present.

snmp-server group group1 v3 auth read V3Read write V3Write
snmp-server user user1 group1 v3 auth md5 user1pass
snmp-server view V3Read iso included
snmp-server view V3Write iso included
snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 version 3 auth user1
snmp-server enable traps

There are some posts asking to add SNMP local/remote Engine ID with port. Is it required ? Also the udp port required is usual 161/162 ?

Regards,

Santosh

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Heres a working one of my  4331 routers that works fine with Prime and pulls all stats inetrfaces etc , ive obscured the keys for security but create your own , the engine should be automatically generated

snmp-server group MSNMPV3 v3 priv access 3
snmp-server group MSNMPV3RW v3 priv write v3write access 9

snmp-server user networkadmn MSNMPV3 v3 auth SHA xxxxxxxxxx priv aes 128 xxxxxxxxx  access 3

snmp-server user networkadmnrw MSNMPV3RW v3 auth SHA xxxxxxxxxx priv aes 128 xxxxxxxxxx access 9

Does that mean, I do not to contact NMS tool vendor for MIB's ? Cause the configuration does looks similar for us.

Im not aware of that particular collector/monitoring system to make a call on its MIBS or what way it operates but the reason i supplied that as in Prime you can have multiple snmpv3 setups/configs so i thought you could try that and see if it works for you better on one of your devices as a test before you need to engage the vendor

Thanks Mark. I will try that and confirm.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: