cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software reject port-channel configuration for certain ports. CSCui11521

mzjobel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750X stack that is running on ver, 15.2(1)E2 that recently showed signs of rejecting port-channel configuration. Has anyone seen this same issue? If so did you resolve and what version did you move to to resolve. Thanks for any assistance!

8 Replies 8

cesarfer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

The bug you are referencing is currently closed and was marked as unreproducible. The recommendation by the BU was to re-open the bug if a customer hits this problem. So I would recommend you to open a SR with TAC so that they can reach out to the BU and re-open this defect. 

Also, have you tried to upgrade the code of the switch to the latest image?

Thanks, 

Cesar Fernandez

I have not done any upgrade at this point. Wanted to see if anyone else had been able to resolve with a specific version.

simonmanchester
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently having the same issue with a 3750X stack running 15.2(1)E.

Its not happening on all ports though, but most of them. It works on ports that have never had the command 'ip device tracking maximum 0'.  See below...

Switch(config-if)#channel-group 9 mode active

Command rejected: conflicts with IP Device Tracking Table

Switch(config-if)#no ip device tracking maximum 0

Switch(config-if)#channel-group 9 mode active

Command rejected (Port-channel9, Gi1/0/9): Command execution failed on one or more switches

I haven't tried rebooting the stack, or updating, as its currently running our production network for multiple site central services, so rebooting is no small task. Any ideas?

I am waiting on maintenance to be re- established on the stack. Once done I plan on opening a case and upgrading to a later code to eliminate the bug. I would advise looking at the same course if possible. If you reload you could loose some or all of the channels currently built. At least this is what happened to me.

We have maintenance through a 3rd party, so i've escalated this to them who will raise a case with Cisco on our behalf. Thanks for the tip regarding a reload and losing existing port channels - we have got quite a few already in production, so a loss of those would be a nightmare. I'll update this as soon as I have a resolution.

Any news on this, I have the same issue.

Cisco TAC have refused to replace switch as not a hardware issue.

Unfortunately not. We were advised to update our software version to the latest recommended version before our suppliers were willing to raise a call with Cisco TAC. In their words, that would be the first thing that Cisco would recommend. We can't do this in this case as we are planning on replacing that switch stack with a new stack, either 3850 or 9300 based, in the next financial year, and we cannot afford to take our production network offline twice in quick succession due to needing to arrange both networks team staff and infrastructure team staff to come in over a weekend to shutdown SAN's, Blades etc. 

I upgraded the stack to 15.2(4)E6, Cisco recommended version, and this seems to have resolved the issue in my case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco