cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Span port

csco10981734
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody send me the right configuration to enable a span (mirror)port on a Cisco catalyst 2950 switch

thanks

Mohamed Ibrahim

7 Replies 7

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Mohamed,

have a look at this chapter, it gives you the SPAN procedure for the 2950:

Configuring SPAN and RSPAN

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2950/12122ea7/scg/swspan.htm

HTH,

GNT

d-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cde7c.html#1078977

A basic example would be:

monitor session 1 source interface FastEthernet0/1 both

monitor session 1 destination interface FastEthernet0/2

were 'source' is the interface who's trafic you want to monitor and 'destination' the interface on which the monitored traffic is mirrored.

HTH

Mark

i am testing those commands now on a simulater (Net boson 6) i tried to type the command monitor but there is no such available command in the conf t mode, is this because of the simulation am using or its not really supported now the IOS on the simulation shows 12.1

thanks

Hello Mohamed,

the simulator most likely has only a limited set of commands available, which are usually related to tasks from an accompanying workbook that you need to perform. IOS 12.1 has the 'monitor session' command. What do you see when you enter a '?' at the config prompt ?

Regards,

GNT

i see the below commands:

Access-list

banner

cdp

enable

end

vtp mac address table

ip

help

line

interface

Thanks

i see the below commands:

Access-list

banner

cdp

enable

end

vtp mac address table

ip

help

line

interface

Thanks

Yes, SPAN related feature is not supported on your simulator. Your simulator has limited funcationality only.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: