cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAN session and IGMP reports

jussivee
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue trying to capture IGMP reports from a client. I can see the IGMP queries and multicast towards the client. The client is also sending out multicast which I can see, but IGMP reports from the client are not showing up.

Cisco 3560G version 12.2(37)SE

interface GigabitEthernet0/6

switchport access vlan 226

switchport mode access

no ip igmp snooping tcn flood

end

interface GigabitEthernet0/12

no switchport

no ip address

end

monitor session 1 source interface Gi0/6

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/12

The client is sending out IGMP reports:

226       231.231.231.231          igmp                    Gi0/6

Monitoring with Wireshark 1.10.2 and Intel 82567LM Gigabit Network adapter.

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Jussi-Pekka,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I am afraid to tell you you posted your request for support on the wrong community forum, the Cisco3560 is considered an enterprise device and therefore I suggest you to move over this post to the "LAN, Switching and Routing" forum using the "Action" panel on the top right corner of this window or just open up a new threat;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

I apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card