Views
Helpful
Replies

Spanning and tree and static routing

WC415
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am struggling with my networking lab project, I'm familiar with the commands to apply but I can't quite figure out on which devices they should be applied on as I have tried lots of scenarios with no luck.

- I need to configure spanning tree between the 3 switches and primary and secondary root bridges for the management vlan (S1,S2,S3).

- Configure static routes on routers R1 and R2 (no RIP , no EIGRP, and no OSPF)

- The Pings I'm trying to do are:

* PC1 to PC2 

* PC1 and PC2 to S1

* PC1 and PC2 to ISP.

https://ufile.io/js6lu3nw

https://ufile.io/0ugv425e 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm using Packet tracer 8.

5 Replies 5

Hello

Your links to the topology isnt working, also you dont share any PT file to review.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

My Apologies Paul.

I have updated the links above.

Thank you!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some how not able open the link, do you mind attached to forum the pictures.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

STP Root should be set on top Switch connected to Router; Usually I would set Root like that especially if you have only 1 router.

Static routes are easy; Trick is to remember that you need static entry for each of networks you want to reach.  example ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 Gig0/0 (or next-hop IP address)

ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y via interface or next IP hop.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card