cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spanning tree between 3 sites connected through L2 WAN

hmc2500
Level 1
Level 1

WE will have 3 sites connected at WAN Layer 2 (Metro Ethernet). What is the best way of configuring spanning tree on the L3 switches in these sites? Site A will be the new hub site. Site B branch and site C is the old Hub. All vlans will span all 3 sites.

Site A --------Site B----------Site C

I was thinking of making Site A (new hub) the root for all. Site B the secondary and give site 3 a lower priority. 

Input is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

If Site A traverses site B to reach Site C and vice versa, then I would say Site B would be best situated as the STP root.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

If Site A traverses site B to reach Site C and vice versa, then I would say Site B would be best situated as the STP root.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was thinking of making Site A (new hub) the root for all. Site B the secondary and give site 3 a lower priority. 

That should work fine. Site-a 4096, Site-b 8192 and Site-c default.

HTH

Who's answer is best?. Would like to see a 3rd expert provide input or vote for the best answer.

If Site A traverses site B to reach Site C and vice versa, then I would say Site B would be best situated as the STP root

I agree with Paul's comment above if the is your design, if not it doesn't really matter which side is the root.

HTH 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card