cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spanning tree topology change

Amafsha1
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, let's say I have a VLAN 500 and it spans across multiple switches via trunks.  Let's say that my core switch is my root bridge.  I go to a random switch where vlan 500 is configured/used and with the command, show spanning tree detail,  I can see that the last topology change was 6 hours ago....but then when I go to the core and check the VLAN 500 spanning tree topology change time, it says last time it changed was 4 Days ago.  I thought that when a spanning tree topology change happens the root bridge must know and be the one to control it?  I don't understand how a topology change for a vlan can happen on one of the switches but not happen on another switch with the same VLAN being used?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This can happen when the local switch get's disconnected from the rest of the network shortly (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- This can happen when the local switch get's disconnected from the rest of the network shortly (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card