cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

special req for DNS server behind nat? (cisco 7200 vxr)

epproach_comm
Level 1
Level 1

At work, we have a cisco 7200 vxr router with some 1-to-1 nats on it (external ip <----> internal IP)

72.243.x.x external

172.16.0.x internal

We are delegated a whole C class and only use about 8 of them. I have a dns server on host 172.16.0.6 (72.243.212.6) for names.ehome411.net . It seems like the server is working, but it won't serve out host information contained in the zone file. The config has been verified at a friends house and a friends business, but does not work behind our router. I am not really a cisco guy and the cisco admin here is a new CCNA and doesn't know anything about network services other then what was taught.

After talking with numerous people and verifying my config and my firewall rules, they asked me about the NAT rules. I am not sure what they meant, so I figured i would get someone to take a look at the config to see if i need to do anything else..

http://72.243.212.6/run.txt <-- there is the config. 1/4 of the config is old stuff that doesnt ever work, but the admin keeps it in there for some reason..

thanks!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card