Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specification of Cisco equipment

Dear colleagues,

Do you know where i can find list of features and all protocols what supports cisco's equipment ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

It is currently offline for maintenance, but take a look at the feature navigator:

https://cfnng.cisco.com/

Platform datasheets should list features/ protocols.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

It is currently offline for maintenance, but take a look at the feature navigator:

https://cfnng.cisco.com/

Platform datasheets should list features/ protocols.

cheers,

Seb.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you don't have specific product? if you do, look at data specs on cisco product pages;

there are some default protocols for devices: most L2 switches will have STP, RSTP, CDP, DTP, PAgP, LACP, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, NTP, FTP, EAPOL, TFTP, VTP, TACACs, RADIUS, LLDP,
L3 and routers will have routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and  DHCP
Routers will have PPP, PPPoE, HTTP, TACACs, RADIUS, IPSec, HDLC, Frame relay encap,
all devices support ICMP, IPv4 and v6, ARP, HSRP, Telnet and SSH,

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends who the target audience is. If the audience are non-technical people then I'd look at the Data Sheet (where there are lots of pictures and colorful graphs, etc.).
For someone technical, I would look at the Release Notes of the firmware because details go into deeper details.
Example:  Have a look at the 3650/3850 platform.  According to the Data Sheet, this platform supports a feature called Converged Access (CA), however, in the Release Notes it will state that Converged Access is no longer supported in recently released firmware.
Data Sheet has a lot of "fluffy" phrases and buzz words intending to capture a victim's "attention".  Some of those features have not yet been enabled/released (aka "roadmap").  The only place where one can find what features are enabled is to read the firmware Release Notes.  

Main idea of it for checking protocols list in tenders and making RFP by my self.

And show to the tender committee where its equipment support features or protocols.

So best way too check Release Notes ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card