cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP-500 - Unably to access router's set up page.

Tom Rottler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

After a rocky start with this router with it constantly freezing which required a reset the update the firmware to 1.1.19 the router settled down perfectly without a sinly freeze.  Even though it ran smoothly, I did notice some VPN issues and thought that it was time to upgrade the firmware to 1.1.23.

The router started quited well, not long after it connected to my ISP, established the WiFi, connected the VoIP etc. I seemed quite happy.  Checked the status on the router's page everything seemed fine.  That was 4 hours ago.

After leaving my office (the laptop hybernated) and although everything appeared perfect as that I can access the Internet, VoIP functioning, etc., for some reason I am unable to access the router's web setup page.  I tried Firefox (default) and Internet Explorer but unable to.

This poses a real problem as I cannot do anything should something happen and I am not ready to make a total reset as the router might not let me in at all therefire rendering the entire office without a network.Is there a solution to this?

Kindest Regards

Tom

4 Replies 4

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Have you tried turning the device off and back on again?

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

Yes!  That I have done.

The router works (network, internet, VoIP) but still no access to the user interface over the web,

Just to be clar Tom, are you attempting to access the SRP when you PC is connected to one of the LAN ports, or when you are away from the office (i.e. over the Internet)?

By default, access to the web GUI from the Internet is disabled, but can be enabled via the administration menu.

If you can't access locally, then something does sound wrong.

Andy

No there Andrew,  I am attempting to access the router within my own network, directly connected to it by the ethernet cable.

Normally to access the router I would type in https://192.168.168.254 as I set up the router to be secured however it doesn't seem to work.  I also tried http://192.168.168.254 and still nothing.

External access is disabled (default setting) because security.

Also Andrew, I also made an IPCONFIG and it stated that the router is still the above address.  That is confirmed were my network printer which the router sets a static IP address for it still prints.

As I said, everything on the network still runs perfectly however I am unable to access the user interface internally from using a web browser.  I am scared in totally resetting the router as if I cannot access the user interface after the total reset, I then will not be able to access my my internal network will not be functioning, I will have no internet access, and mostly importantly my VoIP will be down.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card