Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSD-MSATA-200G shows only 20GB capacity

Hi,

I purchased mSATA 200GB SSD Drive (SSD-MSATA-200G) for my Router - ISR4321.

After its installation it shows size of 20GB only.

Any idea what may be wrong?

The SSD Drive came in Cisco original pack box with proper part number and part name.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello! So there should be no mistake here. 20 Gb is allocated for the user, the rest of the space is reserved by the system for applications. I have a service contract and I contacted Cisco with the same problem. I installed a regular Samsung EVO 850 250Gb SSD. If you type the command "show inventory" then you will see your disk and its full volume.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrey Zakharov
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem! Is there any solution?

dtoubelis
Level 1
Level 1
Same here, ISR4331 running Denali 16.3.6. After installing 250GB mSATA SSD from Samsung, IOS shows that only 20GB are available:
20971520K bytes of SATA hard disk at harddisk:.

Did you find a solution?

Hello! So there should be no mistake here. 20 Gb is allocated for the user, the rest of the space is reserved by the system for applications. I have a service contract and I contacted Cisco with the same problem. I installed a regular Samsung EVO 850 250Gb SSD. If you type the command "show inventory" then you will see your disk and its full volume.

Hello Andrey!

Thank you very much or your reply and the valuable information!

I saw in the inventory all the 200GB, but wasn't sure if there is system or other comparability issue that makes only 20GB out of 200GB to be seen by the system...

Thanks,

Reuven

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card