cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh not working on 4507 after reload

davidccarter
Level 1
Level 1

SSH has been enabled on our one and only 4507 switch for several months and working fine. A few weeks ago the switch had to be reloaded and when it was back online I couldn't SSH to it. When I connected via the console and typed "show ip ssh" it came back saying I needed to generate the keys.  Did that  and it starting working again.  The same switch had to turned off and on the other day due to a power down in the server room and when it came back the same thing happened again!!

The version of IOS is: cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122.20.EW

Anyone had similar issues and hopefully fixes?            

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No it shouldn't do that .  If its something you can replicate everytime then you probably have an hardware issue where nvram is not holding the keys for some reason thru power offs and you would have to replace the supervisor.  Or you can try a newer IOS as thats an ancient version.  Though I tend to doubt it would be the IOS ,  we have some 4500's around that same version and have never seen an issue like that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card