cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack 24 and 48 ports 2960X

Jeremy Dubrulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I know we can stack 2960X with different number of ports. Bu t does it work for every model ?

I mean can I stack :

- 1 48LPD-L with 1 24PS-L

- 1 48LPS-L with 1 24PS-L

- 1 48LPS-L with 1 48LPD-L

I can't find a doc where the compatibility is shown

2 Replies 2

Normally you can stack same model with different port counts. but you need to maintain matching license versions such as,
ipbase-ipbase or lanbase-lanbase etc.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Jeswin S
Level 1
Level 1

Spoiler

Hi , 

Ports quantity is not relevant for stacking,

Please see below prerequisites & restrictions ,

Prerequisites  for Stacking

All stack members must run the same Cisco IOS software image to ensure compatibility among stack members.

Restrictions  for Stacking

• Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, the number of supported stack members is reduced from eight to four.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, full stack bandwidth is reduced from 80 Gbps to 40 Gbps.
  • In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S switches, stack convergence time is increased from milliseconds to 1 to 2 seconds.

More details Reference : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-0_2_EX/stack_manager/configuration_guide/b_stck_152ex_2960-x_cg/b_stck_152ex_2960-x_cg_chapter_010.html

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: