Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack between a WS-2960S and a 2960X series

digital-network
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I'd like to know if it is possible to make a stack between a WS-2960S and a 2960X series switches.

I'd like to know also if the stack card that is working now on a ws-2960S can be uses on a 2960X switch.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Cristiano Balestri

Digital Network Srl.

5 Replies 5

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes u can stack thus two models.

Ref:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-728327.html

Hth

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know if I can use a stacking module that is currently installed on a 2690-s on a 

2960-x? I mean, I have to replace a 2960-s stack member with a 2960-x, and I wanted

to know if I have to purchase an additional stacking module, or if I can re-use the one that

is on the 2960-s that has to be replaced.

Thanks for your help

Cristiano.

Christiano,

Please find anaswer:-

1) 2960-stack moudles fit only 2960s

2) 2960-x fit modules fit only 2960x

3) cables are the same

B-
Can we use FlexStack stacking modules with Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series?
A. No. The form factors of  FlexStack-Plus and FlexStack modules are different. The FlexStack  stacking module cannot be used with the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series.  Similarly, the FlexStack-Plus module cannot be used with the Cisco  Catalyst 2960-S Series.

2-

C2960S-STACK - FlexStack hot-swappable stacking module 
C2960X-STACK - FlexStack-Plus hot-swappable stacking module

CAB-STK-E-0.5M - FlexStack stacking cable with a 0.5 m length

CAB-STK-E-0.5M - FlexStack-Plus stacking cable with a 0.5 m length

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*******************Please do not forget to rate all usefull posts.***************

Hi Inayath,

thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Cristiano.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Never done it, but according to the data sheet you can mix 2960x with 2960s as long as you have FlexStack-Plus module installed.

FlexStack-Plus is backward compatible with 2960-S and FlexStack. Mixing 2960-X and 2960-S members in a stack is supported. When the stack membership is mixed with 2960-X and 2960-S models, FlexStack-Plus falls back to FlexStack capabilities of 40Gbps stack bandwidth and four members maximum per stack.

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-728327.html

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card