Views
Helpful
Replies

Stackable switch question

Wilson Kwok
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our existing network are using two 3560G 24 ports layer3 and nine 2960 layer2 switchs, they are created trunk between layer3 and layer2 with spanning tree, now the two 3560G no more ports to use, so want to buy new 3750 layer3 switch. My question is can we do the two 3750 needed to stack, then create LACP between both stacked 3750 switch for our storage, in addition to have more bandwidth in LACP and if one 3750 switch down, another 3750 continue to run.

Is is possible to do above configuration?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi,

i'm not sure to understand your design, can you share a visio diagram?

Pier

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

My question is can we do the two 3750 needed to stack, then create LACP between both stacked 3750 switch for our storage, in addition to have more bandwidth in LACP and if one 3750 switch down, another 3750 continue to run.

Is is possible to do above configuration?

Depends on the server(s) too, but usually the answer is yes.

BTW, you might want to look at the newer stackable L3 switches, 3650 and 3850, rather than the 3750X series.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card