Helpful
Replies

Starting 6509 from scratch

Ayman Elkady
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

hope you can help me with some guides .

i worked on 6509 , troubleshooting and opearting .

but i never initiated it from scratch  .

so i ll be having a project to start it from scratch  .

i ve done so many searches it was not helpfull .

i just need the steps to be on the IOS and i can see all module and interfaces working and configurable .

i kinda know about the hardware installments , but are there any order should i install the hardware with , like 1st sup , 2nd ethernet modules

or i should plug them all offline and then start working .

and what about the software , so when i do install the hardware will i start in IOS mode or i will be in a hybird mode , and then i should go to IOS MODE

is there any software things i should take care of like license or any thing . ?

thanks to give me a help as soon as possible

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since this is a new switch and you are starting from scratch, then make sure the system in turned off, put all your sups and cards in the chassis and then turn on the device. As far as the IOS goes, all newer sups use only native IOS.  No need to worry about hybrid mode.  No license need it for 6500 series.

HTH

What about the Hybird mode ?!

i heared it goes on CATOS and it is working on SP and i have to transfer it to IOS mode which works on RP ?

i do not get this .

can u explain !?

svibeesh85
Level 1
Level 1

No worries mate !!

Ensure all the power modules are in place and proper fixed

Ensure you SUP is in place properly

Ensure  the  Flash with the required IOS is in place and is not corrupt.

Boot it up !!

I think you will hit the boot os, from there you need to specify  what OS to boot  either the IOS or the CAT

HTH , let me know how it goes !!

I think you will hit the boot os, from there you need to specify  what OS to boot  either the IOS or the CAT ?

Can you explain this in deep details ??

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card