cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static-Group command for multiple Multicast IP's??

qtraxq
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to avoid entering 200 "IP IGMP Static-Group 239.x.x.x 10.2.2.2" entries on my Cisco 7600...

Are there any commands available so I can specify a multicast "subnet" to be statically joined to an interface?

I would think cisco has a command similar to my example below(?)...

Example:

ip igmp static-group 239.1.36.0 0.0.0.255 10.25.2.2 ##If this example was a real command, it would allow 239.1.36.1-239.1.36.255(from source 10.2.2.2) to be statically joined to the particular interface.

1 Reply 1

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To configure the router to be a statically connected member of the specified group on the interface, or to statically forward for a multicast group onto the interface, use the ip igmp static-group command in interface configuration mode. To remove the router as a member of the group, use the no form of this command.

ip igmp static-group {* | group-address [source {source-address | ssm-map}]}

no ip igmp static-group {* | group-address [source {source-address | ssm-map}]}

When you configure the ip igmp static-group command, packets to the group are fast-switched out the interface, provided that packets were received on the correct reverse path forwarding (RPF) interface.

Configuring the ip igmp static-group command is unlike configuring the ip igmp join-group command, which allows the router to join the multicast group. This configuration of the ip igmp static-group command would cause the upstream routers to maintain the multicast routing table information for that group, which would ensure that all the paths to that multicast group are active.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card