cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT, different ports... help!

simonepezzano
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for bothering with such silly question but in never really happened to me to do something like this so I ask your help.

So: i need to create a static NAT entry so that the outside, say, TCP/9000 would be statically NATted to, say, 192.168.1.15 TCP/8000. So, I thought it was the same old story:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.15 8000 interface atm0.1 9000

Well, I'm probably missing something but this thing doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for your assistence

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

is it possible for you to change the statement from interface atm0.1 to the ip address being assigned to that interface ?

if it doesnt help u out can u check out after using the extendable keyword in addition to the command syntax ?

regds

Thank you for your answer. Unluckly, I can't use the ip address but it shouldn't make any difference, as far as I know.

I tried to catch the meaning of the extendable keyword searching cisco.com and what I found is:

The extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations with the same local or global address.

Which is not our case

hi

from my personal exp we did face similar kinda probs quite sometime back we got rid of the same by mapping that to the ip instead of the interface thats the reason for suggesting you to try the same.

regds

So I'll have to find another way since in my case, the wan ip is dynamic.

Thank you anyway!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card