cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop process pak for forus packet

ciceseredes
Level 1
Level 1

My interface has IP 172.16.1.62 and I ping a device on the same subnet with IP 172.16.1.1 and I get with debug on the response Stop process pak for forus packet. Any idea what is happening?

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Carlos,

it could be normal behaviuor it should simply say that the return packet is process switched = sent to main cpu.

I remember another thread where the same sentence in the debug ip packet was shown in the process of translating a DHCP request for the ip helper-address command.

So if the ping is successful (you are getting responses) everything should be fine

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe,

Yes, I am getting responses. The real problem is that my switch has another interface, e.g., 158.97.80.62 and I try to ping 172.16.1.1 from my MacBook 158.97.80.30 and I never get responses...

Hello Carlos,

try to use debug ip icmp on the switch and from the MAC try to ping

before doing that :

verify that 158.97.80.62 and 158.97.80.30 are in the same IP subnet;

that 158.97.80.62 is the GW for the 158.97.80.30

if you have ACL on L3 interfaces or you are doing NAT this can change the ping results:

what if from switch you do an extended ping to 158.97.80.30 with source 172.16.1.1 ?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

Lets we know where you are getting the log, in virtual setup or physical setup?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card