Views
Helpful
Replies

Storm Control Nexus 7700

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have 2 nexus 7700 conected via VPC, this 2 are conected to a remote site with in this site I also have Nexus 7700, but the issue is I only have the chance to configure "storm control" in on of the devide on each site. I cant configure this on the 4 devices.

Any ideas?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Opine,

I am sorry but still I am not able to understand why you are not able to configure storm-control. We can configure storm control on portchannel as well.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Atul Choudhary
Level 1
Level 1

What is the error you are facing while doing configuration on other?  Below command can be used:

interface Ethernet1/1
storm-control broadcast level X
storm-control multicast level X
storm-control unicast level X

thanks

Hello Atul

I have 2 sites in each site I have 2 Nexus 7700, vpc between them and hsrp active active between sites, the issue is I can only configure the storm-control on one of the 4 devices.

License are the same in 4 devices.

thanks.

Hi Opine,

I am sorry but still I am not able to understand why you are not able to configure storm-control. We can configure storm control on portchannel as well.

Thanks

Hello Atul,

I configured in site (1)  my 7700 in the interface e1/1 storm-control, but when I go to the other 3 devices, in the same interface I dont have the comando storm-control.

1) 7700 <------>3) 7700
       || site 1                || site 2
    2)7700 <------>4) 7700

I hope this is more clear.

Thanks!! 

Hello,

You mean you cant able to configure or see the command under interface for strom control.

Check out the below link for strom control percentage applying on interface

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_1/nx-os/security/configuration/guide/sec_nx-os-cfg/sec_storm.html

Hope it Helps.

-GI

I was abel to configure them not in the physical interface but in the portchannles, but would need to know what are the level best practices.

thanks.

Hello Atul,

I did the config on the port-channles are it ok now,  one more question, how can I now what is the best values levesl to add, is there any best practices ?

thks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: