Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

storm control on 2811 router

HI,

Can anyone confirm the interface level storm control command will work in 2811 router which is runnning with

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin router?

I am facing high cpu on this router due to interrept traffic, and found high amount of broadcast are hitting my lan interface. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Anand

6 Replies 6

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

Yes it is supported as per Cisco IOS feature navigator.

Capture.PNG

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Caures,

I too found that feature in feature navigator. But when in type the command in interface configuration mode, i am gettting "

% Unrecognized command" error.

Regards,

Anand

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"interrept traffic", did you mean interrupt traffic?  If so, what's the aggregate bandwidth of all your interfaces?  Reason I ask, you might be hitting the performance limits of a 2811.

Hi Joseph,

Sorry for the typo error. I meant interrupt traffic. I have 4 fastethernet ports which is currently in active state. So

aggregate bandwidth would be 400mb right? And totoal utilized bandwidth would be approximately 14MB. But my CPU

utilization is varying between 40 to 90%.

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The 2811 doesn't really have the performance capacity to handle its two built-in FE interfaces (let alone four).  If your interfaces are passing enough traffic, oh say 20 to 50 Mbps, that might be what is account for your high CPU.

The 2811 and other ISRs were generally designed to handle the bandwidth of a WAN interface.

PS:

This link, http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf, will show an old Cisco performance sheet for various routers.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That command is only available on L2 switchports.

2800 Router can have a switch module attached hence the reason why Feature Navigator is listing it as supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card