cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

storm on Cisco 4500 port

cisco11288702
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco 4500 switch  port Gig22 show 88-99 % usage frequently  port stats  shows its a trunk port all vlan's are allowed i see a lot of Multicast and Broadcast  traffic , My question is how can i tell which Vlan causing  this huge traffic  .

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If it is a trunk port, what is the switch on the other side? Is it a Catalyst 2k/3k? If it is, what is the exact model and what is the exact IOS version?

its connected to 3750E-universlk9-m   version 15.2(4)E7

Getting this type info from the switch is not easy. If you have a management software like Solarwinds or PRTG, you can monitor each vlans and see the bandwidth  consumption.

HTH

Reza 

I have solarwinds  but in the same time its trunk port with more than 200 Vlan's , Do you know if solarwinds can tell which Vlan causing this storm.

On the 3750E, enter the command:

sh controllers utilization

NOTE: The output is in "real time".

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

It is not easy to get details from the switch itself. Better to you Netflow and get top talker and real-time analysis. 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: