ANNOUNCEMENT - The community will be down for maintenace this Thursday August 13 from 12:00 AM PT to 02:00 AM PT. As a precaution save your work.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

storm on Cisco 4500 port

I have Cisco 4500 switch  port Gig22 show 88-99 % usage frequently  port stats  shows its a trunk port all vlan's are allowed i see a lot of Multicast and Broadcast  traffic , My question is how can i tell which Vlan causing  this huge traffic  .

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Re: storm on Cisco 4500 port

If it is a trunk port, what is the switch on the other side? Is it a Catalyst 2k/3k? If it is, what is the exact model and what is the exact IOS version?
Highlighted
Beginner

its connected to 3750E-universlk9-m   version 15.2(4)E7

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Expert

Getting this type info from the switch is not easy. If you have a management software like Solarwinds or PRTG, you can monitor each vlans and see the bandwidth  consumption.

HTH

Highlighted
Beginner

Reza 

I have solarwinds  but in the same time its trunk port with more than 200 Vlan's , Do you know if solarwinds can tell which Vlan causing this storm.

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

On the 3750E, enter the command:

sh controllers utilization

NOTE: The output is in "real time".

Highlighted
VIP Advocate

Hi,

It is not easy to get details from the switch itself. Better to you Netflow and get top talker and real-time analysis. 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution If this comment will make help you!
Content for Community-Ad