cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Struggling to set up inter VLAN routing on SG200-50P 50-Port Gigabit PoE Smart Switch

Bill Price
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any success setting up inter-VLAN routing with the SG200-50P 50-Port Gigabit PoE Smart Switch? I recently started working at a new company that is using these (I wouldn't have picked them). However, I cannot figure out for anything how to get a ROAS to work right. Have spent 2 whole days working on this. I have the VLANs set up. Inside of VLAN 2, for an example, I can ping the gateway and I can ping the gateway of VLAN 3. I cant ping other devices in VLAN 2 or VLAN 3. I'm sure it has something to do with all of the VLAN interface settings. I could do this no problem in CLI, but cant get the GUI to work. 

I am attaching screenshots of the VLAN configs on the switch. 

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Rob Cluett
Level 1
Level 1

in the second image...Should the vLAN's be tagged rather than untagged?

Didn't seem to help. If that's the native VLAN for the ports, should they be tagged though?

Plus it wont allow you to tag in Access mode. 

So this is a pure L2 switch (not L3) and doesn't contain a CLI?  Is that correct?

That is correct

Native would not be tagged.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have personal experience with the SG200 switches and would be glad if anyone who does have experience would share that with us. I took a look at the product data sheet and at the administrative guide and it looks like these are layer 2 switches and do not have the capacity to perform inter vlan routing.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Right. They cannot perform Inter-VLAN routing. I have a Cisco 1921 Router with 4 sub interfaces doing the actual routing. Will replace the 1921 with a Layer 3 Switch once this proof of concept is complete, but will be keeping the SG200s as the Layer 2 devices. 

Rob Cluett
Level 1
Level 1

What device is upstream?  You mentioned ROAS.

It's a Cisco 1921 presently. Will replace with something better once the proof of concept is complete. 

Do you have VLAN's set up on the 1921?  Are you trunking between the switch and the router?

Sorry. Cisco kicked me out. Just got back in. 

NO I do not have VLANs set up on the router. when I tried to set up VLANs it gave an overlap error with the sub interfaces. So I assumed this model didn't support that. 

I have subinterfaces of the port. Here is their config. 

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.2
encapsulation dot1Q 2
ip address 192.168.60.254 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.3
encapsulation dot1Q 3
ip address 192.168.70.254 255.255.255.0
!

Attached is the config to the uplink port 

Bill Price
Level 1
Level 1

Figured it out. Was a Windows Firewall Issue. I turned off the firewalls on the two machines, but still had to enable the allow ICMP in rule. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card