cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck in Password Reset - Unable to Reset

melissastonbely
Level 1
Level 1

I was unable to connect to my Catalyst 2960G series Switch. I thought that I had a bad password since I had not used this testing environment for a few months. I tried to do the password recovery before realizing I have no connectivity to my switch at all. I am now seemingly stuck in the password recovery an unable to do an Express Setup since the switch won't respond to a reset (holding down the mode button).

I am running Windows XP Pro with DHCP enabled as per the "Getting Started" guide.

Please let me know if there is any more information that will be helpful.

Melissa

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Melissa,

You need to be consoled into the appliance to perform password recovery. Do you have the console cable with your or are you physically near the appliance?

I did have to use the console cable to get into the switch. Thanks for the reply.

I did use the console cable to get into the switch. I did have to reset the switch anyway though. Thanks for the help :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card