Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP 7-E License

ianwardGD
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a 4506 with a SUP7-E acting as a core in a hub and spoke topology. My customer got the core with only the LANBASE license. He needs to implement basic Mulitcast functionality such as:

router eigrp XX

network x.x.x.x

vlan10

ip pim dense-mode

I see that SUP7-E only has 3 licenses LANBASE, IPBASE, and ENTSERVICES. In my reading of IPBASE it says it only supports EIGRP Stub areas and that IPSERVICES supports all routing functionality.

My question is do I need to have ENTSERVICES to support this very basic configuration and topology or can I just upgrade to IPBASE and it will work?

Will a stub area be sufficient for a hub and spoke topology?

1 Reply 1

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

ENTSERVICES will give you greater routing funcitonality, but I'm not certain what the rest of your configuration would entail.  You have to be carefull that what you gain in one release doesn't weaken your configuration in other areas that may be just as important.  I would recommend you take a glance at the feature navigator and see what release fits your OVERALL needs.  Here it is if you're not familiar with the tool (very intuitive).  It includes an IOS image comparison utility:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Hope that helps.

Message was edited by: Antonio Knox

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card