cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup 7L Won't Upgrade IOS

kknuckles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4507R-E with dual Sup 7L-E that will not upgrade IOS. These two Sup's came with IOS XE 3.4 on them. I have copied the image for 3.9.1 to both supervisors and modified the config to 'boot system flash bootflash:<imagename>' then wrote the mem and copied running to startup. 

After the config sync to both sups, I do a 'redun reload shelf' and when the unit comes back up its still on 3.4. 

I've never had this issue before. The only thing that is different that my other Sup 7's is that these were Cisco refurbished and the others were new. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a 4507R-E with dual Sup 7L-E that will not upgrade IOS. These two Sup's came with IOS XE 3.4 on them. I have copied the image for 3.9.1 to both supervisors and modified the config to 'boot system flash bootflash:<imagename>' then wrote the mem and copied running to startup. 

And what about the config-registry value?  Sup7/8 line cards are normally shipped with a config-registry value of "0x2101" instead of the recommended "0x2102". 

I would like to see the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version; 
  2. dir bootflash; and
  3. dir slavebootflash:

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post "sh ver"?

HTH

Could you also post any console messages generated during the process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And what about the config-registry value?  Sup7/8 line cards are normally shipped with a config-registry value of "0x2101" instead of the recommended "0x2102". 

I would like to see the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version; 
  2. dir bootflash; and
  3. dir slavebootflash:

kknuckles
Level 1
Level 1

Was a config register issue. Took it for granted that all of my others upgraded no problem. Thanks for the remind. 

Thanks for the update & feedback, Kevin.

That is exactly why I asked you to post sh ver

Good luck

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card