Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP7E IP Base to Enterprise Upgrade

estadlercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I have a license (PAK Code) to upgrade a SUP7E from IP Base to Enterprise services. I Have a temporary license in place that will expire soon. When i go to register the PAK code it tells me i have quantity 2 licenses which is correct we have 2 4500 switches that both need to be upgraded.

It asks how many i want to redeem, i say 1 and click continue. Then it asks for the Product ID and the Serial number, HOWEVER it tells me the product ID is an "AIR-CT5508-25-K9". Anyone that is familiar with wireless knows this is Cisco's 5508 Wireless Controller.

I have had a Priority 2 TAC case open on this for 5 business days now. I was told I would receive an answer between 4hours and 5 business days. After numerous calls and emails i have not received any information back from my TAC engineer.

I was also informed by a Cisco SE that this issue has occured several times now internally.

Does anyone have any information that can help.

Please feel free to email me @ estadler@netechcorp.com

1 Reply 1

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you have a TAC case open and are not getting the support you need on an issue please call in to TAC and ask to speak to the duty manager to escalate your issue.  They will be able to assist you with that.

-Matt Blanshard

Cisco TAC - Lan Switching

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card