Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor redundancy issue on 4507R

Ven Diesel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We recently had an issue on one of our core switch supervisor which caused reboot phones connected to the switch and we are noticing flapping of mac-address.

Redundancy on sw03 is configured as rpr mode, primary failed over to standby clod and secondary was in active mode. In order to avoid this situation in future I am plaaning to configure redundancy as SSO and reload the switch, I want to know after making the changes(I mean reload the switch) will the primary mod becomes active and secondary mod will standby hot as SSO will be configured. attching the current staus on switch for your reference any suugestions much appreciated

Many Thanks

Ven               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ven,

Correct, after changing the mode to SSO and rebooting the switch, the first sup in slot 1 should come back as primary and the one in slot 2 as stand-by.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ven,

Correct, after changing the mode to SSO and rebooting the switch, the first sup in slot 1 should come back as primary and the one in slot 2 as stand-by.

HTH

Hi

Thanks for validating, I will complete it out of hours and will update you

Thanks Again

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card