cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0800.069d.3840 in vlan 550 is flapping between port Gi1/0/40 and port Gi1/0/38

Fulvio Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi... I was checked my syslog servers and I verify a lot of messages:

%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 0800.069d.3840 in vlan 550 is flapping between port Gi1/0/40 and port Gi1/0/38

In my topology I have one Siemens Switch (not manageable) connected in LAN 3750.

Any sugestions?

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Fulvio,

the message may be the sign of a bridging loop.

Check what is connected on the involved ports gi1/0/38 and gi1/0/40. Eventually disable one of the two ports ( if you can) and verify if the error message stops.

if both ports are connected to unmanaged siemens switch it may be safe to disable one, because the loop may have been formed in this way.

Hope to  help

Giuseppe

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

This error indicates that there is a loop on the network...

---

Posted by WebUser Neeraj Jagga from Cisco Support Community App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The MAC address belongs to "Siemens Ag".  DO you have a Siemens industrial server?  Maybe you need to either disconnect one of the two OR properly configure etherchannel.

Fulvio Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.....

Yesterday, I found the problem..... We found that LOCAL Network support connected the not manageable siemens switch in two CISCO Switches.

Now we working to contact him to resolve this issue....

Thanks for your help.

This is a know bug  on a  Siemens Switches where the switch uses the same  Generic MAC address ( 

0800.069d.3840. ) for LLDP 

Their is a code upgrade for the Siemen devices to fix this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: