Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 29060 X rebooting

Is there any way that I can schedule the switch 2960X to be rebooted after 1- minute, because the devise was in other area and I need to shutdown the managment IP to check an issue then I need the switch to be booted after 1- minute in order that I can access it again

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bro,

I had several SWs, that I need to do changes on their configuration without saving the new config, bcz as soon as I will apply these changes, I lose the remotely access, so I was wondering if there was any way that I could scheduled the SW for the auto reload (for example lets say after 5m) so all the previous config will backup and I will get the remote access to these SWs, and I found out that there only one way to do it, and it was already done. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

sofiane7704
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

You can take advantage of the  command "reload in " or "reload at"

#reload in ?
Delay before reload (mmm or hhh:mm)

Grrshell
Level 1
Level 1

Should be able to use reload in or at to specify a time.

actually I need to do the reload in a scheduled time that I can mange

Grrshell
Level 1
Level 1

You can always cancel with reload cancel.  But reload at you can specify a time to reload, reload in you could say 5 minutes etc, and cancel if not needed if that is what you are asking.

sofiane7704
Level 1
Level 1

you can do that too: "reload at 03:00 oct 31" if you want to reload your switch on October 31st at 3AM

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why don't you just disable the management VLAN of the switch whilst doing the testing/investigation?

Samer R. Saleem
Level 4
Level 4

Hi bro,

if you want to protect device after making changes remotely and restore your configs by reload

then see if this is supported by your Ios.  

https://packetpushers.net/cisco-configuration-archive-rollback-using-revert-instead-of-reload/

Hi Bro,

I had several SWs, that I need to do changes on their configuration without saving the new config, bcz as soon as I will apply these changes, I lose the remotely access, so I was wondering if there was any way that I could scheduled the SW for the auto reload (for example lets say after 5m) so all the previous config will backup and I will get the remote access to these SWs, and I found out that there only one way to do it, and it was already done. 

gaston.benitez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In case you do not choose to use the "reload in" command, you can try to reload the device via SNMP.

Here I share an interesting link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/26010-faq-snmpios.html#qa4

BR

Gaston

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card