Views
Helpful
Replies

switch 3550 IOS

Aakriti Pandit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a switch WS-C3550-24  where  the current running IOS  image is  c3550-i9q3l2-mz.121-11.EA1.bin. I need to upgrade the switch with latest image. since the image version 12.1 is deffered one. Pls suggest which image version and feature can be replaced wiith current image.

kindly help..

Thankz....

4 Replies 4

Ankur Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Aakriti,

What is the exact switch model? It should be among the following.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Its both EMI n SMI(2 switches are there).any idea which one to use among IPBase n IPServices????

Aakriti,

IPbase and IPservices are license versions. Ipservices has couple of more L3 features as compared to ipbase like you can have eigrp only as a stub in ipbase but full eigrp enabled on ipservices.

We will have to check what license you have in your switch.

As your IOS is very old and at that time there were no licensing features, so we won't be able to know what license will your switch support.

I'd say go ahead and copy both the ipservices and ipbase to your switch, and try to boot the switch first with the ipservices, and if this doesn't work boot the switch again with ipbase and it should pick it up.

Go for the .tar image if you use GUI of the switch otherwise if you just use CLI go for the .bin fine

You should go ahead with the latest IOS images for both the switches.

Cisco Catalyst 3550 48 SMI Switch

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=275935233&flowid=2220&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.44-SE6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Cisco Catalyst 3550 48 EMI Switch

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=275935237&flowid=2221&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.44-SE6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

Thanks

Ankur

"Please rate the post if found useful"

KikiOye
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone still have the image for a 3550 switch? I know it's eol and eos but I would like to ugrade my 3550. Please send me a message if you have the code.

Thanks,

Kiki.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card